Zeiss SteREO Discovery V20 Microscope
The SteREO Discovery V20 microscope is a Carl Zeiss stereomicroscope with its motorized zoom in range of 20:1. It is equipped with a motorized focus controller and a tall arm, allowing for the placement of very large specimens on the base. With a Zeiss Axiocam MRc color camera, the Zeiss Zen software, associated with the microscope, allows the documentation of settings while images are taken. The software also facilitates the acquisition of z-stack images which can be computed in the software to an extended focus image allowing you to view your entire specimen in a greater depth of field.
For additional information about this piece of equipment, see the Calendars, Contacts, and Fees pages.
|Primary Contact||Mark Bee, Dianwen Zhang|
|Manufacturer||Carl Zeiss, Inc.|
|Equipment Model||SteREO Discovery V20|
- Fluorescence imaging with a PentaFluar S/X-Cite illuminator;
- High speed of >1,000 fps imaging with Phantom cameras;
- Planapochromatic corrected microscope bodies with a zoom range of 20:1;
- The Zeiss Axiocam MRc color camera has a 2/3" CCD sensor and transfers images via the 400 megabit fast IEEE 1394a FireWire connection;
- Eyepiece WPL 10X/23 Br. Foc;
- Two additional camera adapters available for user's camera.
- Achromat S 0.3X, working distance 253 mm, magnification range from 2.3X to 45, object field range from 102 mm to 5.1 mm;
- Achromat S 0.63X, working distance 115 mm, magnification range from 4.7X to 94.5, object field range from 48.7 mm to 2.4 mm;
- Plan Apo S 1.5X, working distance 30 mm, magnification range from 11.3X to 225, object field range from 20.4 mm to 1.0 mm;
|User Resources||Manufacturer brochure|