Adult Hippocampal Neurogenesis
Photographs of the dentate gyrus of a mouse triple stained, green for NeuN (mature neuronal marker), red for BrdU (indicating new cell), and blue for S100-[beta/] (astroglia marker). Panels to the right show the tissue illuminated for each color separately and combined zoomed in around the BrdU cell indicating an episode of neurogenesis. The images were taken using the Leica SP2 laser scanning confocal microscope.
- Justin S. Rhodes , Psychology, Beckman Institute
- Stoyan A. Toshkov , Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition
- N.A. Ryzhenko , Psychology, Beckman Institute
- Peter J. Clark , Psychology, Beckman Institute
- Weronika J. Brzezinska , Psychology, Beckman Institute