Environmental Scanning Electron Microscope
Field-Emission Environmental Scanning Electron Microscope (ESEM-FEG) with Energy-Dispersive Spectroscopy (EDS)
A versatile microscope with 2 nm ultimate resolution. Works well in both Hi-Vac mode (normal SEM) and Wet mode (as an ESEM). In Wet mode, the Peltier stage may be utilized to keep samples at 100% R.H. while they are being imaged.
- Everhart-Thornley secondary electron detector
- Robinson series 6 scintillator-type backscattered electron detector (BSD), plus solid-state low- and standard voltage BSDs
- Several different gaseous secondary electron detectors (GSEDs), from the LF (large-field) detector to the 0.5-mm-aperture detector
- EDAX light-element energy-dispersive spectroscopy (EDS)
- Peltier-effect heating/cooling stage (20µ C above/below ambient).
- 1000µ C hot stage
|Equipment Model||FEI Quanta FEG 450 ESEM|
|Phone Numbers||(217) 333-5493, (217) 265-5071, (217) 265-8164 (Room B606L)|