The Malvern NanoSight NS300 is a revolutionary dynamic light-scattering particle-sizing system that is capable of measuring particle size distribution and concentration in aqueous solutions. Rather than employing photodetectors (such as photomultiplier tubes [PMTs] or avalanche photodiodes [APDs]) to measure light scattering, the N300 utilizes a high-sensitivity video camera to track the Brownian motion of particles in solution. With a 488-nm laser light source and fluorescent filters, the N300 can easily target specific fluorescent particles, with a particle size range of 10 to 2000 nm and a range of concentrations from 1 x 10^6 to 1 x 10^9/ml.
- Simultaneous measurement of multiple characteristics, saving time and sample volume
- Visual validation of results gives extra confidence
- Minimal sample preparation
- On board temperature control
- Choice of laser wavelengths