Rigaku Nano 3DX
The Rigaku Nano3DX is a high-resolution X-ray computed tomography instrument that utilizes a parallel beam and permits non-destructive 3D imaging. Its copper/molybdenum dual-metal target can be switched easily between 8- and 20-kV operation. Three separate lenses provide fields-of-view of 0.9 x 0.6, 3.5 x 2.6, and 14.2 x 10.6 mm. The X-ray detector, a Peltier-cooled CCD camera, delivers up to 3200 x 2400 pixels. The sample stage provides horizontal travel of ±1.7 mm, vertical travel of 12 mm, and 360-degree rotation.
Rigaku nano3DX is a true X-ray microscope (XRM) with the ability to deliver 3D computed tomography (CT) images of relatively large samples at high resolution. This is accomplished by using a high powered rotating anode X-ray source and a high-resolution CCD detector. The rotating anode provides for fast data acquisition and the ability to switch anode materials easily to optimize contrast for specific sample types.
- Ultra-wide field of view, 25X larger volume than comparable systems
- 3 X-ray wavelengths (Cr, Cu and Mo Ka) to optimize imaging for different sample matrices
- Parallel beam geometry for high contrast and rapid data collection
- Auto 5-axis (XYZ and rotation) stage and on-axis imaging system
- High resolution three dimensional (3D) images
- High power rotating anode X-ray source
- High contrast for low-Z materials
- High-resolution CCD imager